Getting Visa to travel to Nepal is simple and easy.
You can apply for Nepali visa at your nearest Nepalese embassies and consulates in your own country. But then you can also get it on-arrival Nepali visa at Tribhuvan International Airport, the only international airport in Kathmandu.
If you are traveling to Nepal overland via Tibet or India, you are able to get visas at the following border points.
1) Kakarvitta, Jhapa (Eastern Nepal)
2) Immigration Office, Birganj, Parsa (Central Nepal)
3) Immigration Office, Kodari, Sindhupalchowk (Northern Border)
4) Immigration Office, Belahia, Bhairahawa (Rupandehi, Western Nepal)
5) Immigration Office, Jamunaha, Nepalgunj (Banke, Mid Western Nepal)
6) Immigration Office, Mohana, Dhangadhi (Kailali, Far Western Nepal)
7) Immigration Office, Gaddachauki, Mahendranagar (Kanchanpur, Far Western Nepal)
8) Immigration Office, Rashuwagadi, Rashuwa (Northern Border)
9) Immigration Office, Pokhara (not the entry point)
The following visa rules apply for tourists:
For 15 days Multiple Entry Visa, the visa fee is US $30 or equivalent foreign currency.
For 30 days Multiple Entry Visa, the visa fee is US $ 40 or equivalent foreign currency.
For 100 days Multiple Entry Visa, the visa fee is US $ 100 or equivalent foreign currency.
According to the immigration regulations, a tourist is allowed to stay in Nepal only for 150 days in a year. You can extend the visa up to another 90 days.
US $2 or equivalent Nepalese currency per day for extension. Additional US $ 20 or equivalent Nepalese currency on visa fee, if Multiple Entry facility is required for the extended period
Recently, Nepal has also started offering Transit Visa for 3 days free of charge. Moreover, VAT amount are refunded to tourists at the time of their departure provided the latter submit the shopping receipts.
Transit visa for all tourists who visit Nepal for 3 days or less visa is not required.
Tourists with passport from South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) nations aren't required to pay visa fee for 30 days.
New government regulation ensures on-arrival visa for all Chinese Citizens in Nepal.